Why can’t I just do some things half-assed?
So I’m sitting here debating about whether I should be working on an assignment which is due on Sunday night for my history of jazz course. “It’s Friday,” you’re all thinking, “You have plenty of time to get around to it.”
But, you see, I don’t. I’m going camping this weekend. Leaving tonight, in fact. And neither hell nor high water can keep me from the mountain. I have worked SO hard this week to make sure that I can get all of my homework out of the way so that I don’t miss any due dates in school. And even so, I've not been able to get it all done. But why does it really matter?
Have I ever missed an assignment? No. And frankly, that is just sick and wrong.
So I think... I will... for the first time ever... intentionally SKIP this one assignment.
There.
It is done.
I said it.
I worked on my chemistry homework for five hours last Friday, another six hours on Saturday, and (I kid you not) another NINE hours on Sunday to get it done. Oh, and I can’t forget the other four hours I spent on Wednesday. And those are just the hours spent on ONE course out of three. This is just ridiculous. WHY did I take 13 credit hours this term??? Am I insane?
When I return from my camping trip, I have three term papers to write. One is due next Thursday (I haven’t even started it yet), and the other two are due the following Sunday.
I just need a break. A *real* break. I am burning out fast.
Two more weeks. Two more weeks. Two more weeks.
I want my social life back. I want my LIFE back.
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Sooooo.... that explains why I’ve been AWOL on my blog.
Besides, even if I found time to blog, I have very little to say that is worth listening to. I am crabby-crabby-crabby.
Did you notice that I'm crabby?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy crap Amanda!! That's a lot of freakin' studying. I feel so sorry for you. You reeeaaalllly deserve a break. Are you guys still planning a trip out here?
I love to see you bloggin' again. I'm working on mine. It's actually a olot of work because I' learning to add pics... I know... I'm slow.
I hope you had a great weekend! I wish we could have been there.
Egads, woman! That all sounds awful. I sure hope you had a wonderful camping trip. You have certainly earned it. Here's to an amazing summer!
And btw, you are cute when you're cranky. ;o)
HAHAHA! I'm reading this rather late, but I have to say- I'm real proud that you worked so hard to get your work done so that we could go camping that weekend. I'll bet we had a blast! Ah, school....you can't keep US down.
Post a Comment