Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good intentions gone... better

Sometimes we tell ourselves that after that o-chem exam, we'll hit the treadmill at the gym for just a couple hours before we start back at school for that biology lecture. (Okay, just pretend you've been there, if not, alright?)
But, sometimes, after we've finished that particularly brutal o-chem exam, and we're on the highway, heading to the gym, and we see that sign there at the freeway entrance that says "Ocean Beaches" (probably dumbed down for ease of foreign translation), we just... take it. Instead of heading to the gym.
Yeah. That was my day.
Just about an hour drive and I was at the edge of America.
Can you even imagine how that feels to a person?
Maybe some photos will let it sink in.


See that gull there, going against the grain? I felt like that today.



I found the most beautiful corpse of a jellyfish. If I could make it into jewelry, I would've tried.



Sea foam.
Would you believe that one of my first roles on stage was sea foam? I swear. There is a photo of it somewhere.


I also played the role of "seaweed." It involved a greenish unitard. A photo of which shall not be displayed here.



This is why we sluff school.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Great photos!

Keith said...

I'm glad you had a great day of sluffing school! You deserved it. But that you saw Black Oystercatchers without me, is unforgivable. :)

Supergabesmomma said...

Gorgeous! If I were you, I think I might flunk out from all the sluffing. I miss the beach! And yes, I know that feeling well of being on the edge of America. Did you just stand there and look around in wonder and think "Look at what everyone else is missing!"?! I used to think that all the time when we would go and it would usually just be the boys and me.

Zanny said...

Beautiful pictures! You must love living there so much. It must have been so soothing and thrilling to be there by yourself, too. I remember you as a seaweed in "The Little Mermaid" with Emily! I loved your choreography in that scene. Ya, in that show, I was a wave in a blue unitard. Good times!