I watched a little bit of the Oscars last night, while trying to simultaneously do chemistry homework. Not the most productive way to study, I know. But, wow, the Oscars are over-blown and irritating! It made me gag a little how much ego-stroking was going on. But, hey, it's Hollywood. What else can ya expect?
I thought the BEST part of the night was Dustin Lance Black's speech when he won best original screenplay for "Milk" - a movie that I absolutely loved! Plus, I didn't realize he writes for "Big Love," which I also really, really love. Yay for D.L.B.!
Also, I was really suprised that Sean Penn won Best Actor, but that's who I was rooting for. He really took advantage of his time on the soap box. Ya gotta admire him for saying what he believes and not worrying about stepping on toes. I do, anyway. I guess it helps that I share his perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know what you mean. I make it a point to only tune in towards the end of the ceremony for the big stuff. The rest of it is like a fork to the frontal lobe.
What'd you think of Hugh Jackman?
Funny you should ask. Someone else asked me and I was like "Hugh Jackman?" I didn't realize that was who it was! I didn't recognize him without the Wolverine thing going on. I'm so out of the loop. I obviously wasn't paying enough attention. From what I saw, he was entertaining. Better than many other hosts I can remember, anyway. But I thought the musical things were cheesy. I dunno. I guess the Oscars are just not my thing. I just liked when someone took advantage of the spotlight beyond just basking in their own personal glow.
While I would gladly volunteer to have a litter of Hugh's babies (cuz homeboy is fiiiine), I could've done without some of the frolicking. I preferred Jon Stewart, although there were some painfully awkward moments with him too.
Hollywood awards ceremonies don't interest me, tho I may be biased having lived in Hollywood for a couple years.
Post a Comment