Sunday, January 01, 2006


lHappy New Year!l
2006
To ring in the new year, Keith and I celebrated in style at a party hosted by our truly fabulous friends Meg and Theo. We were a little worried that there wouldn't be much of a turnout at the party in the beginning. Keith and I arrived "early" at 9pm (party started at 8pm) and the only people there were Meg's parents and two of their friends. No matter! We were just glad we actually had somewhere to be on New Years, for a change.
As the last hours of 2005 dwindled away, people steadily began dropping in and before we knew it, the house was bustling with crazycool Portlandian hepcats. Theo plays keyboard for a local band (Good Year) and they set up in the garage and rocked us all into the new year with their punk rock music jubilation. 'Twas a grand occasion and much merriment was had! It really was a most memorable start to the New Year.
And onto the inevitable topic of New Years Resolutions: I will keep my resolutions to myself, because in the event that I do not succeed, I will only dissappoint myself and you all can't chide me about my failures. Not that any of you would do that... but just in case. Oh, and as the lovely Dio always tells me, "Nothing succeeds like a secret." (Ooooh... all eyes are on Dio now... what *is* she up to? Her shifty, beady eyes say so little... that trench coat she always wears... what secrets does she conceal?)

4 comments:

Supergabesmomma said...

Happy New Year to you! 2006, baby!

Did you have a fun night?

Amanda said...

Oh we had a wonderful night!
And happy 2006 to you, Kristin!

Natalie said...

Happy New Year Mandy!!! Sounds like it was alot of fun. We stayed home and made a feast of Japanese food and watched the kids try to use chopsticks (they ended up being used more as walrus teeth). Then John and I lay in bed counting down the clock to midnight so we could turn the t.v. off and say we stayed up til the new year. Exciting eh?

I totally agree with dio..."nothing does succeed like a secret"...so true. I've always thought that. Little does she know....we already know whats under the trench coat...he he he.

Amanda said...

Nat, your New Year sounds like ao many that I've experienced. Sans the walrus teeth. Oh wait... no, I've had a New Year that involved chopstick walrus teeth, I'm sure I have... but it's all a bit fuzzy now.
Anyway, Dio. It's no secret that you sell fake Rolexes under that trenchcoat.