Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I know it has been a LONG time since I posted anything substantial here. It has been a very busy few months for Keith and me.

In December, Keith and I drove to Utah for Christmas. We usually fly for the holiday, but our fabulous little Prius encouraged us to brave the weather and just drive the 12-hour trip for the first time in winter. The roads were fine for us, and we had a good visit. I have to admit, though, that the trip was a bit sad. Bittersweet, I guess I could say, what with all the changes that have been happening in my family, and also because my sisters Natalie and Emily were not there this year. I managed to cry so much during my visit in SLC, that I actually gave myself a sty by the end of the week!

We said good bye our little friend Ghost the Thursday after Christmas. I took her into the vet and stayed with her as she passed. It was very difficult to let her go, but she was very ill. I got the impression that she knew what was happening, but was alright with it. She purred and purred until her last breath, that sweet little thing. She lived a long and happy life. She was super spoiled in her final days, because we fed her albacore tuna and caviar in a crystal dish. I’m sure she’s enjoying albacore tuna and caviar in kitty paradise right now.

Not as many people showed up for our annual family reunion, which was too bad. But we still sang the “Hallelujah Chorus,” swapped silly and white elephant gifts and grazed on the always nutrient-deficient pot luck food. Yay! There are always potato chips and white rolls for the vegetarians! Ha ha! I shouldn’t complain, though, I admit. I never bring anything to contribute to the pot luck.

So that was our Christmas run down. Keith and I both caught the flu bug in Utah and brought it back home with us, so we were laid up for New Years Eve. But we still partied as much as we could, despite our sorry condition. I had a shot of DayQuil and followed it with a shot of NyQuil. Wooohooo! I know, I know… one must never mix his or her ‘Quils… but, hey, it was New Years! I had to let loose!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I was right there with you sister....dayquil by day, and nyquil by night.