Wednesday, February 07, 2007

School Update

I have gone crazy this winter term and have decided to enroll as a full time student, while also keeping my full time schedule at work. It’s overwhelming and exhausting, but I am anxious to get to the classes that actually apply to what my whole purpose of going to school is for. In the meantime, I’m still whittling away at the required general courses. I am taking Theatre Appreciation, which is an easy class, because we just get out and watch plays throughout the town, and that’s fun. I’m also taking Medieval History and another Calculus class. Just ONE more calculus course after this one and I’m DONE with math. Seriously. I should throw the world’s biggest party when that day comes.

Also, the time has come for me to decide on a major, because I am all ready to transfer to Oregon State University. I have looked into their Zoology program, and really think it will be perfect for me. I’m so excited for when we actually move to Corvallis and start taking classes at OSU, but in the meantime, I will be dual-enrolled at both PCC and OSU, and will be taking classes at PCC until the time when we actually move to Corvallis. That won’t happen until maybe 2009 – at this rate. BUT, it’s better late than never.

2 comments:

Supergabesmomma said...

You are amazing! I am SO proud of you. Just reading all you are doing makes me tired. Seriously - I am proud and very, very impressed.

Amanda said...

Hey - um, yeah - Kristen? When I was talking to you last week, I think I said I was working on my Masters... I lied! Ha haha! Actually, I was just confused. I'm NOT working on my Masters. I'm working on my Bachelors. BIG difference. So, I'm not THAT cool. Just wanted to clear that up, if indeed I DID say "master's" and not "bachelors".