Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fireplace Project

Keith and I have been wanting to update the tiling around our fireplace ever since we moved here, but never got around to it until this year.

I can't seem to find a newer photo of the fireplace in its original condition, but we took a "Before" photo after removing the ugly brass-lined glass door structure.

For two people who've never tiled anything before, this was a huge endeavor. Plus, we made it tricky by chosing tiles that were in various sizes, so it wasn't easy to puzzle-piece them into a decent design. Nevertheless, we did complete the project and these are the photos. Our design is possibly a bit over-the-top, but it's unique, and we like it. Hopefully the next owners of this house don't hate birds.




BEFORE:


AFTER:



CLOSEUP OF CENTER TILE:

4 comments:

Supergabesmomma said...

Gorgeous! You did an amazing job. And I love the bird tile. :o)

Unknown said...

Wow, you guys are so amazing, you could tackle anything!

Zanny said...

I love it! But I'm sad you won't be around to enjoy it, since you'll be leaving soon. You'll have to do something like that in your next house if you have a fireplace. You're deeply talented!

Natalie said...

That looks really great you guys!! Wish I could see it in person.