
Okay, so we're not really into the football scene here at OSU. But here is us showing some spirit. Do you know what it means to be "powered by orange"? Well, no, it's not the catch-phrase for an energy drink. Apparently it's the school motto this year. So this is me "powering up" under a giant orange spot light. Because, you know... Why not? Keith wasn't able to capture the moments after my power-up on film. He was too struck by the horror of it. I mutated into a giant orange beaver and wrecked the hall with my overwhelming school spirit. It wore off after a while, thank the gods. Needless to say, this orange spot light has since been taken down.

I made Keith pose with this very conspicuously-placed photo-opp cut-out of an angry football-playing beaver. Keith looks nervous because this is similar to the form that I morphed into after powering up under the orange spotlight.
When we're not wandering the halls amusing ourselves with the school spirit sport paraphernalia, you can usually find me hanging out in the Fish and Wildlife department lounge. There are a couple ratty old couches in there, fish tanks, some computers, the occasional left-over food offering, and some signs to remind people that the area is closed for hunting and camping. What else could a person need in a day?
There are some nice murals painted in the halls outside the F&W Dept. It's pretty much the coolest hall on campus. Mark my word.
It's a great school, but what makes it awesome is being a part of the F&W Dept. I've had the pleasure of meeting a ton of truly nice people that have made my first term at OSU really fun. Although I came in as a total stranger, I've felt right at home. So... thanks F&W crew! You pretty much rock.
1 comment:
You guys are very funny. Entertaining. I like your song by the Fleet guys. Have a merry Christmas, you two.
Post a Comment