You know I’ve been out of Utah too long when....
I looked out the window this morning. Saw this:
I looked out the window this morning. Saw this:

Oh, and it's obviously garbage day, as you can see. Wow. I'm suddenly all self-conscious about the appearance of my front yard. Look at that scraggly bush in the lower left of the walkway that should've been pruned back in fall! Tsk tsk. Oh, but, hey, look across at my neighbor's yard. The purple house, not the white one. They've had that long rain gutter pipe sitting there for days, right in front of their front porch. What's up with that? And there appear to be other unidentifiable bits of yard debris strewn about. Ha! Well... this will have to be brought up at the next neighborhood association meeting! (Obviously, I'm kidding.)
I just love my neighbors. I love being a part of my neighborhood. I should do a specific piece here on my blog solely about my neighbors. First, I need to take some covert photos of them. Like of the tall, skinny, old guy down the street with the 3-foot long beard who walks out on his porch, coffee in hand, in just his tighty-whiteys, to bend over and pick up his morning newspaper. That would be an image worth sharing. Or maybe the written description is all you really need.
3 comments:
Hee, hee! I am so with you! It would hit 45 or 50 in VA and I would flip out about how "cold" that was. The high here yesterday was like 17 or some crazy thing. The big problem with that is that I am still in the out-of-Utah mentality, so you know I am hating it!!
Glad you like your neighbors - they can really make or break living somewhere.
PS - Looove the new pic of you! You look super foxy!
It's so awsome to be apart of a neighborhood. I need more time to really feel at home, but I'm lookiing forward to knowing more people.
That weather thing is so funny. Now that I live here, I'm finding myself to be a bit too trusting of the roads. I'm all wreckless driving in a snowstorm... I need to be a bit more careful.
I love my neighbors too. You can count on them to help you out, but you don't have to invite them to parties.
It's a great relationship. :)
Post a Comment